REMAX ACTIVE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT is your one-stop-shop for all your property management needs. Our property management firm can add significant value to your investment, which is why many landlords and investors will tell you that a good management company is worth the money.
Here are a few ways that RE/MAX Active property management earns our keep:
Higher Quality Tenants
Our thorough screening process results in reliable tenants. It is a real hassle to get a bad tenant out of your home once they are in. This can be avoided by the proper screening process. By allowing our management company to handle the screening, you will also be shielding yourself from rental frauds directed at owners and discrimination lawsuits.
Our property management company accepts applications and analyzes the information for warning signs. We determine the qualifying ratio of debt to verify that tenants can afford to pay the rent, and complete a background check to avoid bad tenants. Our property manager will help in getting on-time payments and long-term tenants who take pride in the upkeep of their rental home.
Fewer costly and time consuming legal problems
Landlords know it only takes one troublesome tenant to cause significant legal and financial headaches. Our property manager has the knowledge of the latest landlord-tenant laws and will ensure that you are not leaving yourself vulnerable to a potential lawsuit.
Our responsibilities involve:
· Handling security deposits
· Lease addendums
· Rent collection
· Safety and property conditions of the property
· Terminating leases or Evictions
Lawsuits and other legal issues can cost you, the landlord, your valuable time and money. When you hire our management firm, we can help you keep your costs down.
Minimize the vacancy period
Our property manager will help you perform three critical tasks that affect how long it takes to fill your vacancies:
· Suggest and oversee cosmetic improvements that maximizes your revenue. We also help in improving and preparing the property for rent.
· Determine the optimal price which requires knowledge of the local market, research on data of recently sold comparable properties and full access to rental rate tools. **Quoting a very high rent will keep the property in the market for a long time, while quoting at a low rent you are losing on revenue.
· Experienced with effective advertisement that will show a large number of renters the property in a shorter period of time thereby decreasing vacancy times and increasing revenue. RE/MAX Active Property managers are familiar with the sales process which will help in renting the property faster.
Retain your best Tenants
· While it’s easy to see the effects of lost rent, there are other equally serious problems that come with a high tenant turnover rate. There is the turnover process which involves painting, possibly new flooring, cleaning, changing the locks, and small repairs; marketing, showing, screening and settling in a new tenant. This is a time-consuming and expensive process that can often be averted by keeping tenants happy and well cared for.
· RE/MAX Active Property management ensures happy tenants with long term stays in your property. These require a consistent, systematic approach, which is where our property management company can do the best.
Rent collection service
RE/MAX Active Property Managers are trained to follow every part of the lease. Our Property managers have an advantage because tenants realize that they, unlike the owner, are only doing their job and are obligated to enforce the lease terms. Your tenants will walk all over you, if you let them. The way you handle rent collection and late payments can be the difference between success and failure as a landlord. Collecting rent on time, every month, is the only way to maintain consistent cash-flow, and your tenants need to understand that it is not negotiable. Our Property manager acts as a layer between yourself and the tenant, and allows them to be the bad guy who must listen to excuses, chase down rent and when necessary, evict the person living in your property. Our property management firm knows the law and has a good process for obtaining the best possible outcome given any bad circumstances that may arise. Never having to handle another eviction can be a compelling reason to consider hiring our property management company. Evictions, there are strict laws concerning the eviction process, and doing it wrong, or trying to evict a tenant can be a major issue.
Maintenance and repair costs
Good maintenance and repairs keep tenants happy and preserve the value of your investment which make them a very important to a landlord. With our property management firm, you gain access to both maintenance staff, as well as their network of licensed contractors who have already been vetted for good pricing and quality work compared to hiring a handyman by landlord. Our firm is also able to get volume discounts on the work.
Increase the value of the investment
Preventative maintenance is achieved through putting systems in place that catch and deal with maintenance and repair issues early on, before they grow into larger more costly problems. Our firm also knows the value of insurance and how to work with insurance companies.
Advantages to landlord
· Free up more of your time - Time is money, and for many investors, their time can be more profitably spent in areas other than servicing their properties. You will have more time to spend with family or friends doing things you enjoy.
· Less stress - Avoid having to deal with middle of the night emergencies, chasing down rent, evicting people from your property, tenants who wreck your property, rental scams, lousy vendors, piles of paperwork.
· More freedom to yourself- Additionally, you can live and travel without the requirement of always being available if your tenants have a need you have to tend to. With our property management company, it doesn’t matter if you live in the same state. Some landlords live in other countries and simply collect their check every month without ever seeing the property.
YOU can expect Results with RE/MAX Active Property Management
Please call or email for inquiries.